Audrain Concours Foundation today announced that they have postponed their 2nd Annual Audrain Newport Concours & Motor Week.
“After a careful review of Governor Raimondo’s Reopen RI phased approach and in the best interest of our visitor guests, concours participants, judges, staff, volunteers, partner sponsors and the general public, we have come to the decision to move the 2020 Audrain Concours & Motor Week to September 30, 2021 – October 3, 2021”, Audrain Concours Foundation wrote in a press release.
The continued, “This decision was made in light of the likely best-case scenario as outlined in the Reopen RI three phase plan which makes it extremely unlikely that the plan’s timed relaxation of the social distancing restrictions would permit public gatherings on the scale of the Concours & Motor Week by the beginning of October 2020”.
“After welcoming nearly 70,000 visitor guests in 2019, it would be difficult to imagine a way to host them in the manner Newport and the event deserves in the current conditions. This is especially important to us as the enthusiastic response from Concours entrants, volunteers and partner sponsors indicated that all were eager to come together and build on the excitement and success of our inaugural event,” said Donald Osborne, CEO in the announcement.
“We have, however, in development plans for an alternative event or group of events to be held around the Concours’ 2020 originally scheduled weekend which would be in compliance with government and health regulations as they stand at that time. As the situation remains very fluid, we will be working to adapt and tailor those plans in order to provide a safe environment for all. We will keep you informed as those plans develop and want to assure you that we are committed to bringing the 2nd Audrain Concours & Motor Week to Newport in 2021 in a memorable and exciting way. Please follow us on our social media platforms for news as it becomes available,” they concluded.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals