You might call Paul Wayne the penultimate opening act. He’s been doing it for more than three decades, opening for the likes of Harry Belafonte, Chuck Berry and numerous stars of today and yesterday. He works in night clubs and at assisted living facilities, pounding out a living every day. But today the clubs are closed, assisted living facilities shuttered, concerts canceled.
Paul joins WUN’s Frank Prosnitz and talks about his career, and how he’s become innovative in trying to earn a living in these difficult times.Listen to “Paul Wayne” on Spreaker.
For more on Paul, visit www.paulwaynemusic.com.
More From What’s Up Newp
- The Reef officially opens with a fresh, new look; new menu; and a new director of culinary development
- Plant City X opening a location in Warwick
- Grey Sail Brewing announces summer line-up of food trucks, vendors, and musical guests
- 'Ocean View' on Bellevue Avenue hits the market for $18.85 million
- South Kingstown voters reject school bond