Looking for a new gig, job, or career? Here’s a look at what businesses are hiring right now in and around Newport.
The impact of COVID-19 on hiring is a big one. Historically, this time of the years is usually the busiest for job opportunities as businesses “ramp up” for the upcoming season. During this same week in 2019 we posted 120+ job opportunities and 135+ job opportunities during the same week in 2018.
Also of note, since March 9th, more than 170,000 claims for unemployment have been filed with the state according to the Governor.
Before we get started with the job opportunities, a reminder about EmployRI;
- On April 16th, Governor Raimondo made an announcement regarding EmployRI. The Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training, Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Commerce have re-launched a state job-seeking platform to help connect Rhode Islanders with nearly 2,000 open jobs. Many of the jobs posted are frontline positions in the fight against COVID-19. Jobseekers can visit www.EmployRI.org to find jobs as well as other important resources including information on unemployment insurance, resume tips and other COVID-19 updates.
- Employers looking to hire quickly can post jobs on EmployRI for free and dedicated specialists at SkillsRI will facilitate matches with qualified candidates.
All job opportunities are located within five miles of downtown Newport and have been posted/shared in the last seven days.
- Acosta – Retail Service Merchandiser
- Atlantic Lawn & Garden – Fine Gardeners, Mowers and Crew Members Wanted
- BankNewport – Universal Banker – Middletown
- BJ’s Wholesale Club – Seasonal Member Service Supervisor (MSS) Job
- Chipotle – Restaurant Team Member – Crew (2296 – Middletown RI)
- Colbea Eastside Enterprise – Assistant Manager
- C.R. England – Entry-Level Truck Drivers – Great Pay!
- CW Resources – Driver – Newport, RI
- Dunkin’ – Crew Members
- EBCAP – Teacher Assistant Float, Early Head Start (EBCAP0534)
- Embrace Home Loans – Quality Control Audit Specialist
- Gill Irrigation – Irrigation Technician
- IntellecTechs – ID Card Specialist, Full Time
- Jobot – Associate Attorney
- L3 Harris Technologies – Field Service Technician
- Main Street Hospitality – House Person
- Navy Exchange Service Command – MICRO MARKET ASSOCIATE
- Netsimco – Ops Specialist
- Newport Beach Hotel & Suites – Housekeeping Manager
- Newport Mental Health – Team Leader, Clinical Services – Sign-on bonus available!
- Newport Pediatric Dentistry – Dental Insurance Coordinator
- Royal Health Group – Dietary Aide
- SAIC – Intern
- Santander Holdings – Part Time Teller, Middletown, RI
- Seasons Corner Market – Assistant Manager
- Serco North America – Material Coordinator
- Servpro – Servpro Project Manager
- SJS Executives – Motor Vehicle Operator
- Skills for Rhode Island’s Future – Direct Support Professional – James L. Maher Center
- Sourcepoint Mortagage – Processing Support Associate
- St. Michael’s Country Day School – Technology Department Internships
- Starbucks – Barista
- The John Clarke Retirement Center – Human Resources/Payroll Manager
- The UPS Store – Part-Time Center Associate
- Tital Consulting – Superintendent/Project Manager
- US Department Of The Navy – SUPERVISORY PHYSCIAL SECURITY SPECIALIST (ANTI-TERROISM
- Your Truly Media – Wedding Videographer – Freelance
- Unknown – Marine Plumbing Technician
- Unknown – Fine Gardeners, Mowers, and Crew Members Wanted
- Unknown – Carpenter & Carpenter helper
- Unknown – Assistant Property Manager Needed
- Unknown – Pizza Delivery Drivers Needed
- Unknown – Established Newport Restaurant Hiring Server/ Counter Help
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune