In partnership with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County, the team at Fifth Ward chicken shop Winner Winner is helping members of the community in need during the COVID-19 pandemic with Buckets of Love. The restaurant is offering customers a “Bucket of Love” for $25. With each purchase, Winner Winner will provide a dinner for four to a family in need. We connected with Winner Winner Managing Partner Steve Yerger via email today and he told us that as of today, March 31st, 2020, Winner Winner has sold 370 Buckets of Love at the store.
Yerger said the Buckets of Love promotion was the brainchild of their landlord Steve Ramponi. “He wanted to make meals available to people who needed them in a pay it forward kinda way,” Yerger said. “Winner Winner is just a vehicle for his great idea and other people to do something nice. We’re just frying the chicken!”Winner Winner has cut its hours and reduced its menu this month.370 buckets of love have been sold to date.
We asked Yerger if there was anything he wanted the community to know at this time. He said: “Just do your best, be patient and have some perspective.”
Winner Winner’s current operating hours are Wed-Fri, 2pm-9pm and Sat-Sun 12pm-9pm. The Buckets of Love logo was designed by Shore Creative.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week
- Obituary: Anne S. Gadoury