John Marion, executive director of Common Cause Rhode Island, talks with WUN’s Frank Prosnitz about the challenges that COVID – 19 puts on state and local government open meeting and ethics laws.
They also talk about the census, its importance to Rhode Island, which faces the possibility of losing a Congressional seat and millions of dollars in federal aid as a result of the census and the challenges the coronavirus poses to getting a good and accurate count.Listen to “John Marion, Common Cause Rhode Island” on Spreaker.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune