With the cancellation of sporting events, concerts, trade shows, conferences, and virtually all other types of gatherings, the >$1 trillion global events industry is being upended by the COVID-19 pandemic. Event industry veterans and Newport residents Evan Carbotti and Ingrid Adolphs, who operate Carbotti Experiences along with Evan’s brother Jordan, are facing unprecedented challenges and an uncertain future as they and their colleagues around the world grapple with a new reality.
We connected with the husband-and-wife team over the phone about the impact COVID-19 is having on their industry and how they’re getting through it. Take a listen to hear what they said.Listen to “Evan Carbotti and Ingrid Adolphs, Carbotti Experiences” on Spreaker.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert