via Memorial Funeral Home.
Jack Pimental Jr., 84 of Sebastian, FL. peacefully passed away on Thursday, March 5, 2020
Born May 5, 1935, a native of Portsmouth, RI, Jack was the oldest of six children to father Jack Pimental Sr. and mother Helen Minor. Jack is survived by his loving wife of 45 years, Dorothy Dutra Pimental, children Michael Pimental; Patricia Cofield; Christopher Pimental; Holly McCully. Stepchildren Robert Trainor Jr., Karen Linhares; thirteen grandchildren and five great grandchildren. Jack is proceeded by his brother Edward Pimental and is also survived by his sisters Eileen Dallow; Janet Pimental; Eleanor Curry and Paula Haldeman.
Jack, an avid fisherman, proudly served his country in the United States Navy for four years during the Korean Conflict and then as a public servant in the United States Postal Service as the Assistant Post Master in Portsmouth, RI and the General Supervisor of the Fall River, Ma. area, until he retired in 1990.
Visiting hours will be held on Friday, March 13, 2020 from 4:00 to 8:00 PM at Connors Funeral home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth, RI.
A Funeral Service will be held on Saturday, March 14, 2020 at 10:00 AM, in the funeral home.
Burial to follow with Military Honors in Trinity Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, the family request donations in the memory of Jack Pimental Jr. to the American Heart Association and the Wounded Warriors Family Support Organization
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals