UPDATE: Out of an abundance of caution and with new guidelines provided by RIDOH and the Governor in mind, NBBJ announced at Newport City Council’s meeting on Wednesday night that their North End Urban Plan Public Forum #2 has been canceled. Newporters are encouraged to give their perspective on their online comment portal.
Help Newport create a North End urban plan! Join NBBJ, the consultant for the City, to review their work thus far, and refine it for their final products.
This forum is open to the public and will be held on Wednesday, March 18th from 5 pm to 7 pm at Innovate Newport. Light refreshments will be served.
“Our consultant team has moved from listening to drafting, and we want your input on decisions to be made. This open house will showcase draft work from the consultant team for community review. There will be five stations, each featuring key decisions for one of our themes: equity, opportunity, connectivity, resiliency, and quality.
If you cannot join us the evening of 3/18, please consider visiting our drop-in center, open 10am—4pm both Wednesday March 18th and Thursday March 19th at Innovate Newport in room 307″.
RSVP and more information available here.
Drop-In Center & Feedback
NBBJ will also host Drop-in Center hours from 10 am—4 pm on both Wednesday, March 18th and Thursday, March 19th.
In the meantime, Newporters can give their perspective on our online comment portal.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1
- Davis Cup will take place at the International Tennis Hall of Fame this weekend
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: Things to do, live music, and more (Sept. 17 – 19)
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager