Although 1,200,000 daffodils are starting to pop up all over town, the 7th Annual Newport Daffodil Days Festival, originally scheduled for April 24-May 3, has been cancelled due to the Covid-19 outbreak.
“We’d like to thank all our sponsors and volunteers who were preparing for and anticipating the Festival. Just like the daffodils, we’ll be back next year, bigger and daffier than ever. And due to the ongoing support and enthusiasm of the community, the free daffodil bulb giveaways this October will continue,” said John Hirschboeck, Daffodillion Project Director in a statement.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals