Learn a few new moves while you’re physically distancing!
To break out of your isolation blues and get you dancing, Island Moving Company and the Newport Academy of Ballet are offering a valuable thread of continuity and social connection with our new Climb the Walls! series. These FREE, 30-minute live micro-classes are a great way to engage with new and wonderful things to watch and do!
Climb the Walls provides both live-streamed and recorded content available through IMC’s website and social media platforms, as well as through our community partner What’s Up NEWP that you can do at home.
Watch the following programs live on our Facebook Page.
The inaugural Climb the Walls series features kids and adult programs — including:
Creative Movement with Revka (Kids aged 3-6)
Mondays 11:00-11:30 Starting 3/23/20
Beginner Ballet Barre with Libby (Adults)
Tuesday 11:00-11:30 Starting 3/24/20
Jazz with Lauren (Kids aged 8-12)
Wednesdays 11:00-11:30 Starting 3/25/20
Wellness & Meditation with Katie (Adults)
Fridays 11:00-11:30 Starting 3/27/20
These classes can all be watched live as they happen, or afterward at anytime, on What’s Up Newp’s Facebook Page.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert