Chief Judge John J. McConnell, Jr. of the U.S. District Court in Rhode Island has asked the independent monitor for a 2014 consent decree to advise him on ways the Court can respond to the needs of adults with developmental disabilities and their families and alleviate the burdens on the developmental disability service system in light of the COVID-19 public health crisis.
Meanwhile, the Department of Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities and Hospitals has shared a link for the convenience of those who want to sign up for its listserve.
In addition, the Governor’s Commission on Disabilities has issued a coronavirus resource guide which may be downloaded.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Those Who Wish Me Dead”
- Renowned RI stone carver Nick Benson to create unique art installation at Farm Fresh RI
- Rhode Island Marine Archaeology Project to resume training classes
- How America’s partisan divide over pandemic responses played out in the states
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author