Newport City Council will meet remotely for a special session on Monday afternoon in order to vote on extending the City’s Emergency Declaration.
The lone item on the agenda will be an Action Item to extend the City’s local State of Emergency Declaration, which was first issued on Sunday, March 15.
According to the city, the meeting will be held remotely and in compliance with Gov. Gina Raimondo’s Executive Order 20-04-1. (b), which allows public meetings to take place while providing public access through telephone, internet, or satelite enabled audio or video conferencing.
If you’d like to listen to the proceeds, please use the link below, or dial in Toll Free at 1 877-853-5247 or 888-788-0099 and enter the following meeting ID: 621 757 348 https://buff.ly/2U7HhWL
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert