Vinny, a Wire Fox Terrier from Newport, won the Terrier Group under Judge Norman Kenney at the 144th Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show in New York City on February 11, 2020.
The dog was handled by Robert M. Carusi for owners George and Nannette Herrick.
Vinny, a 3-year-old male, officially known as GCHB Irvonhill Voignier, bred by Anthony and Jean Barker and Hailey Griffith, took top honors in a field of 32 Best of Breed winners entered, comprising the Terrier Group. Westminster reached its conformation entry limit of 2,500 dogs, with three days of Best of Breed competition held at Pier 94, and Group and Best in Show competition held at Madison Square Garden.
“To win a Terrier Group First here is a huge triumph,” said Westminster Kennel Club Director of Communications Gail Miller Bisher in a statement. “We applaud Vinny, his breeders, owners and handler.”
Selected highlights of the Best of Breed competitors were featured live on FS1 on Feb. 10-11.
For full Terrier Group results and video visit www.westminsterkennelclub.org.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 4PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays