The rumors aren’t true, Newport Blues Cafe isn’t permanently closing, becoming a hotel, becoming a restaurant, being changed into a store, or anything else you recently heard.
After 13 years, Brian Foley, who owns the building, has decided to take over operations of the business from Kate and Jim Quinn, Foley will continue to run it as Newport Blues Cafe.
Bar Manager Courtney Sullivan and other staff plan to stick around and retain their jobs..
The Newport Blues Cafe will temporarily close at the end of March for several weeks for renovations and updates.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune