What’s Up Newp’s content is free to read, and always will be, but we rely on your support to keep it that way.
It takes just 30 seconds and you can choose the amount.
In a press release sent today, Island Moving Co. announced plans to restage its popular ballet for the very young, Mother Goose, at four matinees on March 6, 7 & 8th at Rosecliff. Rosecliff is at 548 Bellevue Avenue in Newport, RI. Tickets are $40 for adults and $20 for children and are available at www.newportmansions.org. and at www.islandmovingco.org
Perfect for the younger set, Island Moving Company’s Mother Goose at Rosecliff is a lively retelling of the familiar nursery rhymes using movement and live music. Audience members will be led by a minstrel and the effervescent Mother Goose herself through the spectacular rooms of Rosecliff for an interactive and entertaining performance event for children as young as three. IMC dancers will perform Humpty Dumpty, Jack and Jill, Little Miss Muffet and more.
The Company is joined by a minstrel accompanist with Newport actress and educator Lisa Reimer directing the action and reciting the familiar rhymes as Mother Goose. Would you like the chance to dance with The Old Woman from France? That and more could happen to you at Mother Goose at Rosecliff. Performances are at 4pm on March 6th; 3pm on March 7th; and1pm & 3pm on March 8th. Tickets are $40 for adults and $20 for children and are available on the Island Moving Company. site as well as at www.newportmansions.org.
More information visit www.islandmovingco.org or call 401 847-4470.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Sax greats Abate and Moretti release new albums in 2021
- Easton’s Beach reopens for swimming
- Obituary: Anna Maria DeSousa
- Obituary: Manuel G. Moitoza, III
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “In the Heights”
- The Gamm Theatre Announces Auditions for Season 37 (2021-2022)
- Brian C. Jones: In case of emergency, don’t call me
- RIDOH and DEM are advising people to avoid contact with Almy Pond due to a blue-green algae
- Record Store Day returns Saturday, June 12th
- Newport Polo will host its annual Newport Cup on Saturday
- DEM hosting virtual workshop on draft water quality restoration study for Newport water supply reservoirs
- 32 Open Houses to check out this weekend in Newport County (June 11 – 13)
- Newport leaders to pay respects for former sister-city Mayor
- Governor McKee, RIDOH provide COVID-19 Vaccination Update
- Top 10 ‘must-see and do’ events and attractions in Boston this summer