What’s Up Newp’s content is free to read, and always will be, but we rely on your support to keep it that way.
It takes just 30 seconds and you can choose the amount.
In partnership with Common Fence Music and St George’s School, the Newport String Project is delighted to present its Winter Community Barn Dance on Saturday February 15th from 2pm-4pm.
Join the Newport String Project for a high-energy afternoon of fiddle-fuelled fun. Participants of all ages will led through old-time dances by seasoned dance caller Jim Hicks. Newport String Project co-founder EmmaLee Holmes-Hicks will be fiddling with the Rusty Pick-Up String Band and local musicians Tom Perrotti and Mike Fischman.
The dance will kick off with a special performance by the young student musicians of the Newport String Project.
Event is free and open to all. Donations in support of the Newport String Project’s programming can be made at the door or online at http://www.newportstringproject.org/donate/
More From What’s Up Newp
- Sax greats Abate and Moretti release new albums in 2021
- Easton’s Beach reopens for swimming
- Obituary: Anna Maria DeSousa
- Obituary: Manuel G. Moitoza, III
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “In the Heights”
- The Gamm Theatre Announces Auditions for Season 37 (2021-2022)
- Brian C. Jones: In case of emergency, don’t call me
- RIDOH and DEM are advising people to avoid contact with Almy Pond due to a blue-green algae
- Record Store Day returns Saturday, June 12th
- Newport Polo will host its annual Newport Cup on Saturday
- DEM hosting virtual workshop on draft water quality restoration study for Newport water supply reservoirs
- 32 Open Houses to check out this weekend in Newport County (June 11 – 13)
- Newport leaders to pay respects for former sister-city Mayor
- Governor McKee, RIDOH provide COVID-19 Vaccination Update
- Top 10 ‘must-see and do’ events and attractions in Boston this summer