It’s National Clam Chowder Day and the results of our poll are in! We asked: Which Rhode Island eatery makes the best clam chowder in the state? Here’s how you voted:
Congrats to the winner – The Black Pearl in Newport – with 28% of the vote! Thanks to all who voted. Make sure you check your email today – we’ll be contacting the randomly chosen winner of the $20 gift certificate later today.
If you enjoy a cup or bowl of clam chowder at one of Rhode Island’s many amazing restaurants, remember to tag #whatsuprhodeisland @whatsuprhodeisland for a chance to be featured!
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits