The following is a Newport Bermuda Race Media Update.
The Bermuda Race Organizing Committee (BROC) has named Barton & Gray Mariners Club as an Official Sponsor of the Captain’s Meeting for the 2020 Newport Bermuda Race. The Club will also provide VIP viewing aboard their Fleet of Hinckley yachts.
“Our members have been taking in the action and beauty of the Bermuda Race start aboard our fleet for the past 15 years, ” said Doug Gray, CMO and Co-Founder of Barton & Gray. “We could not be happier to officially support and celebrate this international sailing event.”
“We welcome Barton & Gray Mariners Club as an Official Sponsor of the 52nd Bermuda Race,” said BROC Chairman Jay Gowell. “As sponsor of our Captain’s Meeting and boats for our VIPs to watch the start, Barton & Gray brings vital support and a premium aesthetic to the long-anticipated 635-mile Thrash to the Onion Patch.”
Founded in 2006 by a group of marine industry and recreation veterans, Barton & Gray Mariners Club set out to create an unparalleled boating experience for its Members. Now with 40 Hinckley yachts in over 25 harbors across the Eastern Seaboard & Great Lakes, yachting has never been easier. The Fleet is berthed at the finest marinas and resorts available, and there is no limit to the number of trips a member can take. An in-house concierge team curates every single outing to ensure unforgettable experiences on the water.
Circle Manhattan, host a clambake on the beaches of Nantucket, and cruise the Chicago River—all in the same weekend. The possibilities are endless with a fleet of captained yachts at your beck and call.
Yacht race spectating has long been a favorite activity of Members, from Bermuda, to Volvo Ocean Race, America’s Cup and beyond. The only place better than the lawn at Castle Hill, is from the deck of a Barton & Gray Hinckley yacht.
To learn more about Barton & Gray Mariners Club, visit www.bartonandgray.com.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune