22 Bowen’s Wine Bar & Grille will welcome Oregon winemaker Kelley Fox, of Kelley Fox Wines, on Saturday, February 22nd from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, for a special night of education, wine tasting and light bites.
Established in 2007, Kelley Fox Wines is considered one of the finest pinot noir producers in Oregon and one of the best biodynamic producers in the country. A native of the Willamette Valley, Kelley produced her first vintage in 2007 with 100 cases. Today, she produces between 2,700 and 3,000 cases annually.
All of Kelley’s wines are from the historic Maresh Vineyard, the Demeter-certified biodynamic Momtazi Vineyard, along with Hyland (1988 Coury Clone Pinot), Freedom Hill (barrel-fermented Pinot blanc), and beginning in 2018, Weber (1983 and 1988 Pinot), and Durant Vineyard (Chardonnay). Both Weber and Durant are family owned and farmed old-vine vineyards in the Dundee Hills.
The cost is $50 per person; tax and gratuity are included. For more information or reservations, please call 401-841-8884 or visit www.22bowens.com.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 4PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays