What’s Up Newp’s content is free to read, and always will be, but we rely on your support to keep it that way.
It takes just 30 seconds and you can choose the amount.
On Wednesday, February 12th the Rotary Clubs of Middletown, Jamestown, Newport, and Portsmouth/Tiverton and the Newport Kiwanis, in conjunction with the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center (MLK), will hold their eighth annual Texas BBQ buffet to benefit the MLK Community Center’s Hunger Relief Programs and to restock their Feed-A-Friend Food Pantry and new Mobile Food Pantry.
The BBQ Buffet is being provided by the generous support of the Atlantic Resort at Wyndham Newport.
This ticketed event will be held at the Atlantic Resort at Wyndham Newport from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm, and tickets are $25 each. Guests will be offered a hot Texas-style buffet and are asked to bring a non-perishable food item, personal hygiene item, or household item. Donations and all funds raised will benefit the MLK Community Center, whose hunger services, education programming, and community programming Newport County families and individuals rely on.
This annual fundraiser was organized by the Rotary Clubs to help restock the MLK’s food pantry following the increased need during the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons. Tickets are $25 each and donations may also be made to the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center, 20 Dr. Marcus Wheatland Blvd., Newport, RI, 02840.
For more information or to purchase tickets, please contact:
Alyson Novick, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center’s Director of Development, firstname.lastname@example.org, (401) 846-4828 x102;
More From What’s Up Newp
- Sax greats Abate and Moretti release new albums in 2021
- Easton’s Beach reopens for swimming
- Obituary: Anna Maria DeSousa
- Obituary: Manuel G. Moitoza, III
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “In the Heights”
- The Gamm Theatre Announces Auditions for Season 37 (2021-2022)
- Brian C. Jones: In case of emergency, don’t call me
- RIDOH and DEM are advising people to avoid contact with Almy Pond due to a blue-green algae
- Record Store Day returns Saturday, June 12th
- Newport Polo will host its annual Newport Cup on Saturday
- DEM hosting virtual workshop on draft water quality restoration study for Newport water supply reservoirs
- 32 Open Houses to check out this weekend in Newport County (June 11 – 13)
- Newport leaders to pay respects for former sister-city Mayor
- Governor McKee, RIDOH provide COVID-19 Vaccination Update
- Top 10 ‘must-see and do’ events and attractions in Boston this summer