The Newport County Youth Chorus has announced that they are welcoming new singers in grades 2 through 4 to join their next four-week program called “Scattin’ with Ella (Fitzgerald)”.
It is free to participate and no audition is necessary — just a love of singing! Classes begin the week of January 20. Sign up at www.newportsings.org/join.
Session 3 “Scattin’ with Ella (Fitzgerald)” will feature music sung by the Queen of Jazz! Ella Fitzgerald was an iconic singer in American history and students will enjoy singing from her vast songbook of jazz classics. In addition, participants will develop musical skills and experience how their unique voice positively affects our ensemble’s beautiful sound. All classes are led by experienced teachers and musicians.
Families of 2nd – 4th graders can choose the day and location that works best for them: Tuesdays, from 3:30 – 4:30 pm at the MLK Center (20 Dr. Marcus Wheatland Blvd, Newport) or Wednesdays from 5:00 – 6:00 pm at St. Mary’s Church (324 E Main Rd, Portsmouth). Visit the website www.newportsings.org/season for 2019 – 2020 session dates, themes and to register.
For more information about the chorus, please visit www.newportsings.org.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf