Here’s what’s on tap for road construction and traffic in Newport County this upcoming week.
Rhode Island Department of Transportation
The following road and lane closure notices are effective for the week of January 4 – 10, 2020. All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
- No Lane Closures at This Time
Visit RIDOT’s Travel Advisories website for a full listing of statewide lane closures.
Rhode Island Turnpike & Bridge Authority
The following road and lane closure notices are effective for the week of January 5 – 11, 2020. All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
- Newport Claiborne Pell Bridge – Eastbound Right Lane Closure- 1/6 to 1/10- 9 am to 4 pm
- Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge – There are currently no Lane Closures on the Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge.
- Route 138 Connector – There are currently no Lane Closures on the Route 138 Connector.
- Mount Hope Bridge – There are currently no Lane Closures on the Mount Hope Bridge.
- Sakonnet River Bridge – There are currently no Lane Closures on the Sakonnet River Bridge.
Visit RITBA’s Travel Advisories website for updates and more information.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Concert Recap and Photos: Alice Cooper and Ace Frehley at Leader Bank Pavilion (September 21, 2021)
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates