As the end of construction nears, Brenton Hotel has named their Managing Director.
Owned by The Brenton Hotel, LLC, a locally based investment group, and operated by White Horse Hospitality also of Newport, the Brenton Hotel is located at 31 American’s Cup Avenue on the corner of Long Wharf.
“Luxury hotel industry veteran Jonathan Andrew Ross takes the helm as managing director of the Brenton Hotel, a new 57-room luxury boutique hotel on the waterfront in Newport, RI opening in June 2020,” a press release from the hotel states today.
As the newly appointed managing director, Ross will reportedly be charged with providing leadership and strategic direction for the new hotel through all pre-opening stages including development, hiring, training, and sales and marketing. Once opened, Ross will spearhead daily property management spanning guest services and operations, to asset management.
In making the announcement, Jeff Farrar, Newport resident and partner of The Brenton Hotel, LLC commented in the release, “Andy has a deep understanding of the luxury hospitality market in New England. His expertise, vision, and leadership will be instrumental in opening the hotel, as well as guiding the property through the next phase of success.”
For more information, visit www.brentonhotel.com.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Concert Recap and Photos: Alice Cooper and Ace Frehley at Leader Bank Pavilion (September 21, 2021)
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates