Express is closing their store in downtown Newport.
The store, which is located at 144 Thames Street, is hosting a store closing sale and is currently offering 50-75% off everything in the store.
On Facebook, Express has responded to customers that the store is expected to close at the end of January. Fixtures, furniture and equipment are also currently for sale.
“Our Thames Street store in Newport is closing on January 26, 2020. Customers can continue to shop at nearby Express stores (including Warwick, North Dartmouth and Providence Place) or express.com.,” Alysa Spittle, Director of Communications for Express, told What’s Up Newp on Wednesday.
According to City records, 144-150 Thames Street has been owned by Newport Development Associates LLC since January 2018. That company has an address of 1341 West Main Road in Middletown.
At this time, it is unknown what the plans are for the building or what business will take over this location.
According to their website, Express employs approximately 18,000 associates in over 650 retails stores both nationally and internationally.
The company has announced plans to hold an investor event on January 22nd in New York to communicate the details of a new corporate strategy, including cost optimization and fleet rationalization.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune