What’s Up Newp’s content is free to read, and always will be, but we rely on your support to keep it that way.
It takes just 30 seconds and you can choose the amount.
If you haven’t taken advantage of Newport Wellness Week events and deals – hurry! With only a few days left of this annual event, time is running out to try out new places to workout, relax, meditate and pamper yourself. Grab a health-minded friend, browse the quick round-up of Wellness Week specials and find your new favorite spot in town for self care.
- MEND: 5 Classes for $50. Info here.
- WAVE CYCLE: 3 WAVE Rides for $35! (credits expire 6 months from purchase). This package is valid for new riders only. Buy here
- ELEVATE FITNESS: $199 Bootcamp for new clients. 10% OFF Bootcamp for current clients. Buy here.
- ISLAND WELLNESS CENTER: $50 6-month membership (50% off normal price.) Info here.
- SLIM POSSIBLE: $1 OFF your purchase with mention of Newport Wellness Week. Info here.
Wednesday, 1/22: Wellness + Wine: Yoga with the Oil Collaborative @ Newport Vineyards
- 6:00 – 7:00 – Restorative yoga class by Kim Dargon of The Oil Collaborative at Newport Vineyards
- BYOM (bring your own mat)
- 7:00 – 8:00 Newport Vineyards wine tasting
- $30 per person, includes class and wine tasting samples
- An hour class of restorative yoga and essential oils, followed by a Newport Vineyards wine tasting. This evening is sure to leave you Relaxed, Refreshed and Rejuvenated!
Saturday, 1/25: Beginner’s Yoga Workshops with Rev Shelley Dungan @ The Sacred Center
- 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM
- Location: The Sacred Center
- 324 East Main Road, Portsmouth, RI 02871
2 sessions to choose from:
10:30-12:00 or 2:00-3:30.
Space is limited.
Cost is $20 and prior registration is necessary at www.sacred-center.org
A relaxed and fun interactive class between the students and the instructor. Come with your questions! Shelley will help you get familiar with the common terminology used, what to expect at a typical yoga class, learn a little bit about the roots of our modern yoga and the benefits of consistent intentional practice.
Saturday, 1/25: Aquidneck Growers Market
- Recurring weekly on Saturday
- 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Presented by: Aquidneck Grower’s Farmers Market
- Location: Easton’s Beach Rotunda
- 175 Memorial Blvd, Newport, RI 02840
For more on Newport Wellness Week, visit https://www.discovernewport.org/newport-wellness-week/