If you haven’t taken advantage of Newport Wellness Week events and deals – hurry! With only a few days left of this annual event, time is running out to try out new places to workout, relax, meditate and pamper yourself. Grab a health-minded friend, browse the quick round-up of Wellness Week specials and find your new favorite spot in town for self care.
- MEND: 5 Classes for $50. Info here.
- WAVE CYCLE: 3 WAVE Rides for $35! (credits expire 6 months from purchase). This package is valid for new riders only. Buy here
- ELEVATE FITNESS: $199 Bootcamp for new clients. 10% OFF Bootcamp for current clients. Buy here.
- ISLAND WELLNESS CENTER: $50 6-month membership (50% off normal price.) Info here.
- SLIM POSSIBLE: $1 OFF your purchase with mention of Newport Wellness Week. Info here.
Wednesday, 1/22: Wellness + Wine: Yoga with the Oil Collaborative @ Newport Vineyards
- 6:00 – 7:00 – Restorative yoga class by Kim Dargon of The Oil Collaborative at Newport Vineyards
- BYOM (bring your own mat)
- 7:00 – 8:00 Newport Vineyards wine tasting
- $30 per person, includes class and wine tasting samples
- An hour class of restorative yoga and essential oils, followed by a Newport Vineyards wine tasting. This evening is sure to leave you Relaxed, Refreshed and Rejuvenated!
Saturday, 1/25: Beginner’s Yoga Workshops with Rev Shelley Dungan @ The Sacred Center
- 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM
- Location: The Sacred Center
- 324 East Main Road, Portsmouth, RI 02871
2 sessions to choose from:
10:30-12:00 or 2:00-3:30.
Space is limited.
Cost is $20 and prior registration is necessary at www.sacred-center.org
A relaxed and fun interactive class between the students and the instructor. Come with your questions! Shelley will help you get familiar with the common terminology used, what to expect at a typical yoga class, learn a little bit about the roots of our modern yoga and the benefits of consistent intentional practice.
Saturday, 1/25: Aquidneck Growers Market
- Recurring weekly on Saturday
- 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Presented by: Aquidneck Grower’s Farmers Market
- Location: Easton’s Beach Rotunda
- 175 Memorial Blvd, Newport, RI 02840
For more on Newport Wellness Week, visit https://www.discovernewport.org/newport-wellness-week/
The Latest From WUN
- Newport woman is first-ever female to win Citizens Pell Bridge Run
- What’s Up This Week: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Full Moon Bike ride, The Exorcist, & more
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’
- Changing seasons, changing exhibits at Little Compton Historical Society
- ‘Rock The Mansion’ raises more than $150,000 for Newport Mental Health