Christmas In Newport announced the winners of the 2019 Christmas in Newport Door Decorating Contest this morning.
Participants were encouraged to decorate their doorways with natural materials/decorations and were judged on Friday, December 13th.
“Congratulations to all our winners and thank you to all who entered and worked so hard on decorating your homes and businesses,” Christmas in Newport wrote on their Facebook Page.
Grand Prize—90 Eustis Ave owner–Jennifer Boyle-Hebda
- 1st Prize——15 Walnut St owner—–Janet Culkins
- 2nd Prize—–39 Washington St owner— Amanda LaRiviere & Jason Hadley
- 3rd Prize——63 Ayrault St owner–Suzanne Rampoli
- 25-29 School St owner–Michelle and Robert Drum
- 86B Pelham St owner– Christon Gibson
- 47 Poplar St owner–Ann Souder
B & B
- 1st Prize—Malbone House Will Dewey, Innkeeper 392 Thames St
- 1st Prize——-Royal Male owner–Etienne de la Valette
104 Spring St
- 2nd Prize——Studio 59 Design owner—-Diana S Szapary
- 1st Prize—Clarke Cooke House Betsy Ray, manager
Founded in 1971, Christmas in Newport began as a two-week festival that celebrated the noncommercial traditions of the holiday season. Now in its 49th year, the annual program boasts multiple activities for nearly each day of the December calendar.
With a volunteer base numbering 1500, the non-profit organization, Christmas in Newport, raises thousands of dollars for charity each year. In keeping with the true spirit of the season, any event listed in the annual program must be free of charge or must benefit a non-profit institution or charity.
For more info on Christmas In Newport, visit www.christmasinnewport.org.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf