Newport Wellness Week returns January 18-25, 2020 with a robust roster of events, special offers and deals throughout Newport and Bristol Counties dedicated to mental and spiritual well-being.
The week’s signature event, the Wellness Marketplace, takes place inside the Newport Marriott Atrium on Sunday, January 19 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Marketplace is ideally suited for those eager to embrace a healthier lifestyle as well as those looking to expand their current fitness-focused regimen. A variety of fitness studio owners and trainers, nutritional coaches, specialized reiki and reflexology practitioners, healers, Tarot readers, yogis, healthy food and drink purveyors and other wellness-related business owners will be on hand to enlighten, engage and educate. The Marketplace, with more than 40 vendors, will also offer seminars, workshops and demonstrations throughout the day including but not limited to:
- Vinyasa yoga with Lori Pagliaroni (all levels)
- HIIT (high-intensity interval training) fitness class with Kathy Martin of Elevate Fitness
- Barre classes with Tanis Collard of Studio Barre
- Healthy cooking demos with the culinary team at the Newport Marriott
- Mini reiki and reflexology healing sessions
The first 200 attendees will be greeted with an exclusive gift bag. The event is free and complimentary parking will be available next door at the Newport Visitors Information Center lot. Vendors throughout Newport and Bristol Counties interested in exhibiting can contact Meredith Brower at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The remainder of the week is full of special events, deals, retreats and opportunities ranging from trendy fitness classes including barre and spin to hydrotherapy, yoga, Pilates, meditation and mindfulness, healthy eating workshops/classes, pampering spa treatments and complimentary consultations, all tailored to help people live their best life.
Check for updated wellness lodging packages, events, incentives and special offers at discovernewport.org/newport-wellness-week.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals