Salve Regina’s men’s ice hockey team has been ranked sixth in the nation by U.S. College Hockey Online in the latest coaches’ poll, according to Salve Today.
Salve Regina tied with Curry College 4-4 in the only game of the week for the Seahawks last Saturday. The Seahawks scored with 1:01 remaining in the third period to force overtime in the eventual tie. Salve Regina remains unbeaten in Commonwealth Coast Conference play.
Cayden Kraus ’23 was named conference rookie of the week after scoring twice in the tie. His first tally came in the first period and drew the game even at one. With Curry leading 4-3 in the waning minutes, Kraus netted his second tally with 1:01 remaining in regulation to pull even once again and force overtime.
The Seahawks (8-1-1, 6-0-1 CCC) return to the ice on Tuesday, Dec. 10, when they play at 15th-ranked New England College.
Source: Salve Today
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 9PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays