Salve Regina’s men’s ice hockey team has been ranked sixth in the nation by U.S. College Hockey Online in the latest coaches’ poll, according to Salve Today.
Salve Regina tied with Curry College 4-4 in the only game of the week for the Seahawks last Saturday. The Seahawks scored with 1:01 remaining in the third period to force overtime in the eventual tie. Salve Regina remains unbeaten in Commonwealth Coast Conference play.
Cayden Kraus ’23 was named conference rookie of the week after scoring twice in the tie. His first tally came in the first period and drew the game even at one. With Curry leading 4-3 in the waning minutes, Kraus netted his second tally with 1:01 remaining in regulation to pull even once again and force overtime.
The Seahawks (8-1-1, 6-0-1 CCC) return to the ice on Tuesday, Dec. 10, when they play at 15th-ranked New England College.
Source: Salve Today
More From What’s Up Newp
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic