Onne van der Wal will be presenting an image and video presentation of his last two extraordinary trips to Greenland. In 2018 he had the pleasure of joining an owner on his 90 foot private yacht and exploring the West coast of Greenland from Ilulisat and around Disco Island. Onne enjoyed the experience so much, he chartered an Icelandic based 65 foot steel ketch and gathered a group of seven keen photographers to bring along on his first high latitude workshop – this time on the East coast of Greenland, in and around Kulusuk and the Sermilik fjord.
Come to the Jamestown Arts Center on December 5th to see his amazing photography and share his passion for this stunning part of the world!
- Thursday, December 5th, 6:00 p.m.
- Jamestown Art Center
- 18 Valley Street
- Jamestown, RI 02835
- Tickets $10 at the door
Trailer: Greenland Photo Workshop with Onne van der Wal
” Want to experience Greenland by boat? Come with Onne and Siggi as they explore Eastern Greenland on Arktika and don’t forget to bring your camera! This is a photo workshop and you will get to explore and photograph one of the last remote and pristine arctic regions on the planet. We take a maximum of seven photographers on this purpose built 65ft steel ketch. Its comfortable, its safe, its warm, cozy and heel gezellig on board. This the best platform to explore this region of Greenland on”.
More info on the event here – https://www.jamestownartcenter.org/events
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals