Jason MacGregor DeSantis, 46, died unexpectedly at home in Middletown, RI. Jason was born in Phoenix, AZ on November 8, 1973 to Susan MacGregor DeSantis of Middletown, RI, and Joseph MacGregor of Phoenix, AZ. He was raised by his adopted father Richard J. DeSantis and Susan DeSantis both of Middletown.
Jason graduated Middletown High School class of 1991. He went on to earn an Associate’s degree from Arizona School of Broadcasting. For the last ten years, Jason lived in Brunswick, ME with his three children working for the Brunswick School Department.
In 2019 he returned to Middletown with his three children, working at the Tiverton Casino Hotel. Jason loved the beach, surfing, golf and most of all spending time with his three children, family and friends.
Jason is survived by his three children, Drew DeSantis, 16, Mia DeSantis, 15, and Abby DeSantis, 12, his sister Tracy MacGregor Rafferty, and her husband Peter Rafferty, parents Susan MacGregor DeSantis, Richard J. DeSantis and Joseph MacGregor, grandparents Rene Desjardins and Dorothy Desjardins. He also had a large extended family, including, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends who loved him and will miss him dearly.
Calling hours will be held Saturday, December 7, 2019 from 4-7pm in the O’Neill-Hayes Funeral Home, 465 Spring Street, Newport. Burial will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations in Jason’s memory may be made to the American Diabetes Association, 2451 Crystal Dr, Ste. 900, Arlington, VA 22202, or by visiting www.diabetes.org/donate
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals