Here’s what’s on tap for road construction and traffic in Newport County this upcoming week.
Rhode Island Department of Transportation
The following road and lane closure notices are effective for the week of December 7 – 13, 2019. All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
- Portsmouth: Rte. 138 (West Main Rd.) at Union St., alternating lane closures for construction, Mon.-Wed., 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Visit RIDOT’s Travel Advisories website for a full listing of statewide lane closures.
Rhode Island Turnpike & Bridge Authority
The following road and lane closure notices are effective for the week of December 8 – 14, 2019. All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
- Newport Claiborne Pell Bridge – Eastbound Right Lane Closure-12/9 to 12/13- 9 am to 4 pm
- Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge – There are currently no lane closures on the Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge.
- Route 138 Connector – There are currently no Lane Closures on the Route 138 Connector.
- Mount Hope Bridge – There are currently no Lane Closures on the Mount Hope Bridge.
- Sakonnet River Bridge – There are currently no Lane Closures on the Sakonnet River Bridge.
Visit RITBA’s Travel Advisories website for updates and more information.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup