Here’s what’s on tap for road construction and traffic in Newport County this upcoming week.
Rhode Island Department of Transportation
The following road and lane closure notices are effective for the week of December 14-20, 2019. All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
- Portsmouth: Boyd’s Ln., from Rte. 24 to 561 Boyd’s Ln., alternating one-way traffic in a moving operation for drainage work, Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
Visit RIDOT’s Travel Advisories website for a full listing of statewide lane closures.
Rhode Island Turnpike & Bridge Authority
The following road and lane closure notices are effective for the week of December 15-21, 2019. All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
- Newport Claiborne Pell Bridge- Eastbound Right Lane Closure-12/16 to 12/20- 9 am to 4 pm
- Jamestown Verrazzano Bridge – Westbound Right Lane Closure- 12/17- 7 am to 1 pm.
- Route 138 Connector – There are currently no Lane Closures on the Route 138 Connector.
- Mount Hope Bridge – Southbound Lane Closure- 12/16- 9 am to 1 pm
- Sakonnet River Bridge – Northbound Left Lane Closure- 12/18- 9 am to 1 pm
Visit RITBA’s Travel Advisories website for updates and more information.