Emerson College Senior Men’s Basketball guard Jack O’Connor, along with three other standout Lions, led the team to victory against Emmanuel College, 79-75, to snap the Saints’ five game win streak on December 5.
During the game, O’Connor, a native of Middletown, R.I., reached his 1,000 point career milestone. In the history of Emerson’s basketball programs (both Men’s and Woman’s teams), less than 20 athletes have joined this elite list.
O’Connor , is majoring in Sports Communication and will graduate as part of the Emerson College Class of 2020.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits