New research from the YMCA finds that more than 62% of Americans 18-38 support at least one cause per month—and that they likely learned of that cause through social media.
Forbes reports that when poll respondents were asked where they learned about those causes that they do support, 48.5% of all respondents said via social media; 39.8% said from friends. Of the respondents aged 18-22, 58.4% said social media.
With that said, What’s Up Newp has decided to lend the reach of our Facebook Page on this Giving Tuesday to to help raise awareness and funds for local causes. Every hour today, we’ll feature a local cause and a link to learn more about them and a way you can support them. We hope you’ll consider lending your donations, time, and/or voice to support these important local causes.
Obviously there are many more local causes and nonprofits than we could ever include in just one day. Find a cause that is near and dear to the things that you care about and give what you can today, that could be your time, money, or voice. An added bonus to donating today – some nonprofits are receiving matching donations from organizations, businesses, and donors today.
If you’re looking for a certain type of cause or a nonprofit that serves a specific purpose, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll try to point you in the right direction.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1