New research from the YMCA finds that more than 62% of Americans 18-38 support at least one cause per month—and that they likely learned of that cause through social media.
Forbes reports that when poll respondents were asked where they learned about those causes that they do support, 48.5% of all respondents said via social media; 39.8% said from friends. Of the respondents aged 18-22, 58.4% said social media.
With that said, What’s Up Newp has decided to lend the reach of our Facebook Page on this Giving Tuesday to to help raise awareness and funds for local causes. Every hour today, we’ll feature a local cause and a link to learn more about them and a way you can support them. We hope you’ll consider lending your donations, time, and/or voice to support these important local causes.
Obviously there are many more local causes and nonprofits than we could ever include in just one day. Find a cause that is near and dear to the things that you care about and give what you can today, that could be your time, money, or voice. An added bonus to donating today – some nonprofits are receiving matching donations from organizations, businesses, and donors today.
If you’re looking for a certain type of cause or a nonprofit that serves a specific purpose, email us at email@example.com and we’ll try to point you in the right direction.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf