The Clarke Cooke House has a shot at being crowned the Best Sailor’s Bar in the world.
EuroSail News, with support from Wight Vodka, Seahorse Magazine, and Latitude Kinsale, has scoured the world for the best sailor’s bar. .
Their top ten are now selected and the Clarke Cooke House finds themselves among the final nominees.
The top ten were chosen based on: number of submissions, best stories about the bar and its staff, and original drink recipes conjured up at the bar.
Voting began December 16 and ends January 14, with their winner announced on Thursday January 16.
The winner gets their name in history, a bottle of Wight Vodka, a plaque for the bar wall, and a beautiful work of map art from Latitude Kinsale.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals