Seamen’s Church Institute’s has announced that its Annual Meeting and Volunteer Appreciation Party will coincide with their final Centennial Speaker Series on Wednesday, November 13th.
As part of the Centennial Speaker Series Event, Ruth Taylor, Executive Director of the Newport Historical Society will be speaking about “How the past can inform the future: The history of Seamen’s Church and where it might go from here.”
Ruth Taylor has been the Executive Director of the Newport Historical Society since 2006. Previously, she was a nonprofit Board and Management Consultant and the first President of the International Yacht Restoration School (IYRS). Her expertise is in public history and in managing institutional change.
At Seamen’s Church Institute of Newport on Wednesday night, the Annual Meeting will take place at 6 pm, Taylor’s presentation at 6:30 pm, and the reception will begin at 7 pm. The event is free and open to the public. There are limited seats, so registration is encouraged.
Seamen’s Church Institute of Newport is located at 18 Market Square.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free