STATE HOUSE – State Rep. Deborah Ruggiero is hosting constituent meetings focusing on “The Power of Education” in both Middletown and Jamestown in the coming weeks.
The first will be held Tuesday, Dec. 10, at 6:30 p.m. at the Middletown Public Library, 700 West Main Road. Special guests include Middletown Superintendent Rosemarie Kraeger to provide a local perspective and Rhode Island Education Commissioner Angelica Infante-Green to share her state perspective. All are welcome to join in on the conversation.
The same forum for constituents will be held in Jamestown at the Jamestown Philomenian Library, 26 North Road, on Monday, Jan. 6, at 6:30 p.m. with Jamestown Superintendent Ken Duva providing the local perspective and Education Commissioner Infante-Green.
All are welcome to ask questions and share in the conversation.
“I look forward to these lively discussions not only on the current state of education and goals, but also aspirations about how we could transform education for the 21st century. The students of today are the leaders and the employees of tomorrow. The investment we make in them now will make an enormous difference not only to their own personal future, but for the future of our state. Education is a form of economic development, so every Rhode Islander has a stake in public education,” said Representative Ruggiero (D-Dist. 74, Jamestown, Middletown).
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits