City planners will be convening a special workshop next week to solicit input for the City’s first comprehensive Transportation Master Plan.
Residents, business owners, and visitors alike are invited to help “Keep Newport Moving” during an interactive workshop scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 14th beginning at 6:30 p.m. at Innovate Newport.
The workshop is designed to find out how Newporters and visitors feel about topics such as parking, traffic, public transit and ridesharing, accessibility opportunities, and active mobility options.
The City says that information gleaned from the workshop, as well as an online survey currently being conducted at www.CityofNewport.com/KeepNewportMoving, will be used to help guide the development of a formal RFP expected to be issued in the coming months.
In addition to assessing the City’s existing transportation infrastructure, the Transportation Master Plan will also provide an opportunity for the community to establish a shared vision to equitably address the transportation challenges facing the City, as well as to set achievable and measurable goals that will shape Newport’s long-term mobility strategy and inform future development.
As a companion document to the City’s Comprehensive Land Use Plan, the City says public engagement is critical to the process and will be a key factor in determining the success of the final proposal.
For more information about the Transportation Master Plan and information on how you can help Keep Newport Moving be sure to visit the City’s website at www.CityofNewport.com/KeepNewportMoving.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1