This obituary originally appeared on Memorial Funeral Home. It has been republished with permission, for free, and ad free as a community service.
Nancy M. (Gaulteri) Barker, 83, of Middletown, Rhode Island, passed away at home on November 8, 2019.
She was the wife of Benjamin Barker III.
Born in Providence, she was the daughter of the late Nicholas and Ruth (Kesson) Gualteri.
Beside her husband, she leaves her son Benjamin Barker IV and his companion Annmarie Chaves, her daughter-in-law, Heidi Barker, and her grandchildren Helena Barker, Nick Barker, Ashley Barker, and April Barker.
She was preceded in death her son David Barker.
Public Viewing will be held Wednesday, 13th of November, 2019 from 1:00 to 2:00 PM in the Hambly Funeral Home, 30 Red Cross Avenue, Newport. Her funeral will follow at 2:00 PM in the funeral home.
Burial will follow at Newport Memorial Park, 123 Howland Avenue, Middletown.
Donations may be made to Hope Hospice, 1085 North Main St., Providence, RI 02904 or to the Middletown Fire Department, 239 Wyatt Road, Middletown, RI 02842.
To send flowers to Nancy’s family, please visit our floral section.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf