Louise J. Carr, 90, of Newport and formerly of Middletown, died Saturday, November 16, 2019 at St. Clare in Newport. She was the wife of Joseph E. Carr.
Born in Los Angeles, CA on February 23, 1929 to the late Harry F. and Jessie V. (Curran) Tubley.
Louise was a graduate of St. Catherine’s Academy, class of 1946 and the Newport School of Nursing in 1950.
She had worked for many years at Newport Hospital, for many local doctors and as a private duty nurse. As a volunteer she worked for Meals on Wheels, St. Clare Home and the Visiting Nurse Service now the Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice.
Louise was a lifelong parishioner of St. Joseph Church; she was a Eucharistic Minister and member of the Rosary and Altar Society.
She is survived by her 7 children, Daniel Carr (Rachel) and Patrick Carr (Maureen) all of Tiverton, Michael Carr (Geraldine) of North Scituate, RI, Timothy Carr (Catherine) of Portsmouth, Lisa Carr and Linda Carr both of Middletown and Susan Perry (Andrew) of Del Ray Beach, FL. Grandmother of 15, great-grandmother of 22 and great-great grandmother of 2.
Visiting hours will be held on Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at the O’Neill-Hayes Funeral Home, 465 Spring St, Newport from 3-6pm. Louise’s funeral will be on Thursday, November 21 at St. Joseph Church, Broadway and Mann Ave, Newport at 9:30 AM. Burial St. Columba Cemetery, 465 Brown’s Ln, Middletown.
In lieu of flowers, donations in Louise’s memory may be made to St. Clare – Newport, 309 Spring St., Newport, RI 02840.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free
- CDC: If you’re fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask – indoors or outdoors, in most settings