On Tuesday, November 26, Pell Elementary School third-graders were treated to a performance of the Island Moving Company’s production of The Newport Nutcracker at Rosecliff.
The viewing of IMC’s Dress Rehearsal was made possible with the generous support of The Bazarsky Family Foundation, David and Susan Odland, and Randall S. Poirier, ChFC® Financial Planner. Students were greeted by Artistic Director Miki Ohlsen and by a docent from the Preservation Society of Newport County, who told the students about the rich history of the mansion. They were then treated to the battle scene on the sweetheart staircase, followed by the second act performance in the grand ballroom of Rosecliff. Students got to dance with the professional dancers and ask them questions after the show. It was a wonderful morning, and is always a treat to have the students experience such a magical performance.
For Monday’s dress rehearsal, IMC welcomed Middletown’s Forest Avenue School third-graders for the other cast’s dress rehearsal, along with friend of the Edward King House. Click here to see some more great photos
of Tuesday’s dress rehearsal.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 9PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays