The City of Newport posted on their website today that tonight their will be a public Information Session hosted by the City of Newport Historic District Commission.
The meeting is set for 7:00 pm (Tuesday, November 5th) at Innovate Newport, 513 Broadway, First floor, Old Gymnasium.
”The session is being held to update the public on the progress being made on developing policies and design guidelines for elevating properties within the local historic district and the FEMA designated floodplain”, the event details state. “The Commission has been working on developing these policies and design guidelines since July 2019 and intends to adopt these policies and guidelines by late 2019/early 2020. *Four or more members of the following boards and commissions may be in attendance: Historic District Commission Zoning Board of Review Planning Board *Four or more City Council members may attend”.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune