Salve Regina opened a can of whuppin on U. of New England during a 53-17 victory in Rhode Island college football action on November 2.
Tough to find an edge early, the Seahawks and the Nor’easters fashioned a 7-7 stalemate through the first quarter.
Salve Regina’s offense moved to a 27-16 lead over U. of New England at the intermission.
The Seahawks’ leg-up showed as they carried a 27-17 lead into the fourth quarter.
You’re reading a news brief powered by WhatsUpNewp and ScoreStream, the world leader in fan-driven sports results and conversation. To see more game results from your favorite team, download the ScoreStream app and join nearly a million users nationwide who share the scores of their favorite teams with one another in real-time.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free