Portsmouth found the tipping point, and leaned on it to knock off Moses Brown 29-24 in Rhode Island high school football action on November 2.
The Patriots withstood the Quakers’ last-gasp comeback in the final period to eventually earn the win.
Portsmouth opened a tight 22-10 gap over Moses Brown at the intermission.
The first quarter gave the Patriots a 9-3 lead over the Quakers.
Both teams were scoreless in the third quarter.
You’re reading a news brief powered by WhatsUpNewp and ScoreStream, the world leader in fan-driven sports results and conversation. To see more game results from your favorite team, download the ScoreStream app and join nearly a million users nationwide who share the scores of their favorite teams with one another in real-time.
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf