Subscribe to What’s Up Newp’s daily newsletter
Be the first to know about breaking news, articles, and updates.
Wedding planning can have some daunting tasks, such as collecting RSVP’s. There are some guests who you have to hunt down in order to receive a response, or some that send them in right away. Once you get all of your responses, your next task is to relay all of that information to your caterer (because who wouldn’t want to have the right quantity of food on their wedding day?!).
Our friends at Blackstone Caterers have seen so many versions of how couples keep track of their RSVP’s and meal counts when they have a plated dinner. Today, Blackstone shares some tips on how to keep track of all of this information:
- Make a Excel Spreadsheet
- It is the easiest way to keep track of all guests and their meals because you can have this add it up for you instantly with just a few formulas. It can be quickly revised if you create it through your Gmail account in your Drive!
- Number each RSVP card on the back
- Label each guest with their own number and when the cards come back with their selection but no name (this happens more than you expect!) then you can easily match who it belongs to!
- Instruct your guests to put their initials next to the entrée they select
- Once you make your excel sheet you can separate each guest (even if they are a couple) so they have their own entrée counted for and allergies are specifically noted!
- Have a line at the bottom of your RSVP card to instruct guests to write down their allergies or food restrictions and a column made in your Excel spreadsheet to keep track of each guest!
- Once RSVP’s start coming in, put them in the sheet right away
- Those little cards can be misplaced very easily so it may be best to put them into your spreadsheet as quickly as you can! Again, it can be quickly done if you use your Gmail Drive account!
- Separate by Table
- Once you have all of your RSVP’s in, start planning out your floor plan and assigning guests to their tables! This will make it a breeze for your caterer to find each guest at their tables and bring them their selected entrée!
What’sUpNewp recently partnered with Blackstone Caterers to bring you inspiration, information, and insight into the wedding industry in and around Newport. Whether you’re planning a wedding now or are dreaming of the big day when the planning begins, we’ll be bringing you tips, tricks, and more on ways to make the biggest day of your life the very best.
Blackstone Caterers, Southern New England’s premier catering company, is consistently named one of the best caterers in Rhode Island, is locally owned, and is based in Middletown.
See all of our wedding tips and tricks here.
You’ll see my name tied to a lot of these stories as well, as I’m currently planning a June 2020 wedding in Newport! Have a wedding question or tip for Blackstone Caterers, What’sUpNewp, or me? Awesome! Email it to Ryan@whatsupnewp.com.