Sail Newport has announced that they will host a lecture on the polar wilderness through the eyes of several Newporters who traveled to the Southern Hemisphere.
The event is scheduled from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm on Thursday, October 17th.
Susan Daly will present stories and spectacular imagery from Patagonia and South Georgia. Daly also traced some of the footsteps of the historic Shackleton Expedition and will share her experience.
Also, Janette and Rufus Van Gruisen and family, who explored Cape Horn and areas in Antarctica, will engage guests with stunning multimedia of the scenery, wildlife and environment.
Tickets are $15 ($10 for members of Sail Newport). Cost includes the lecture, beer, wine and appetizers. Lecture takes place in Sail Newport’s building at 72 Fort Adams Dr., in the 11th Hour Great Room.
Doors open at 5:30 p.m. (open seating) the lecture takes place between 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. A short reception follows until 7:30 p.m. Parking is free.
Visit sailnewport.org for ticket purchase, or, call (401) 846-1983. Sail Newport is a non-profit organization.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup