Senator Louis P. DiPalma (D-Dist. 12, Middletown, Little Compton, Newport, Tiverton) will be holding his third annual Cyber Hygiene Event on Wednesday, October 23 from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the CCRI Newport Auditorium. The purpose of the event is to provide the public with an increased awareness of the various cyber exploitations and practical steps to protect one’s self, family, identity, and data from cyberattacks. The event is free and open to the public.
“Cybercrimes and attacks are not only becoming more prevalent in our society, but their complexity and methods are also becoming far more problematic. This event will allow the public to get firsthand knowledge from experts in the field on how to best protect against such intricate and nefarious cybercrimes and I encourage all to attend,” said Senator DiPalma in a prepared statement.
The event will be hosted by Senator DiPalma, a leading advocate for cyber defense on both the state and federal level. Corporal Brian Macera of the Rhode Island State Police will be leading the presentation on how best to protect one’s self against cybercrimes such as identity theft.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup