Colin Kane is a founding partner of the highly successful Peregrine Group, real estate advisors and project managers. The company has offices in Newport and Rumford, Rhode Island and Boston, Massachusetts.
Our conversation ranges from the impact of climate change, liquor licenses, a proposed moratorium for construction in what is being called Newport’s innovation district, Peregrine’s new Hammetts Wharf hotel in downtown Newport, and the possibility that Kane will run for governor in Rhode Island.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits