Treat your family to traditional games and entertainment this weekend at Norman Bird Sanctuary’s 45th Annual Harvest Fair, October 5th & 6th.
You can challenge your friends to a sack race, go for a hay ride, peruse craft vendors, enjoy an all-day lineup of live music, and more.
Norman Bird Sanctuary is looking for volunteers to fill a variety of fun Harvest Fair jobs including children’s games, ticket booths, and the Sanctuary Café. Volunteers receive community service hours, free admission to the fair, and a volunteer t-shirt.
Gardeners and cooks are also invited to submit their most impressive flowers, vegetables, or delicious harvest-themed dishes for the Home and Garden Competition.
The proceeds from the Harvest Fair support Norman Bird Sanctuary’s mission to preserve and steward 325 acres of wildlife habitat and provide environmental education opportunities to all.
The event will run 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 5th and Sunday, October 6th.
Tickets available at the gate. Adults: $7, Children (3-12yrs): $3, Under 3: FreeLearn more and sign up to volunteer at NormanBirdSanctuary.org/harvest-fair/
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf