Newport Police is partnering with DEA in The National Prescription Drug Take Back Day, according to the City of Newport.
Scheduled for Saturday, October 26th beginning at 10 am, National Prescription Drug Take Back Day aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs, while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse of medication.
The front lobby at Newport Police Department on Broadway and Walmart on Connell Highway will serve as the two Take Back locations.
For more information on the program, visit https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_disposal/takeback/index.html
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf